In the past I tried a SOMA Oxford bar on a Surly Cross Check and really
didn't like it.  It was just too twitchy!  I attributed it to two things,
the upright angles of the seat and headtube and the stem was sized for drop
bars.

So I was curious to try albatross bars on my AHH. But before I took the
plunge, I decided to call Riv and ask a couple of questions about stem
lengths when going from drops to upright.  Guess who picked up the phone,
Grant.  He had a couple of experiences to relate and told me that the frame
angles were probably important to the feal of upright bars, but not
necessarily the stem length.  He said if it felt to twitchy after the
change to put on bigger tires.  So far I would say I am still getting used
to a different riding position.

I am curious to try a drop bar with large flare like these on my touring
bike.  They would look tough on a Chev and seem like you would use the
drops more.
https://velo-orange.com/collections/handlebars/products/dajia-cycleworks-far-bar-handlebar

I agree that I feel a bit in no mans land when I ride the albatross, but at
the same time there is no right and wrong.  I do like how it changes your
"attitude" to relax a bit more and take in the scenery.  It helps me ride
like a kid again.  My hands were a little sore because I was riding with
thick ragwool gloves which couldn't grip the cork, so I couldn't use
different hand positions.

My wife has a bosco bar on her Betty Foye.  It has a huge 13cm stem and it
still has a cramped cockpit feel to me.  She loves it.
https://flic.kr/p/Eiwm5c