I have for a long time considered chairs to be one of the world's most
abundant free resources. Every time I have moved--a lot since leaving
home at 18--I tend to freecycle my furniture and start over. My first
priority is generally to find a great reading chair. My best luck has
been meeting someone with relatives in the area that has a basement or
attic of old furniture, or spending a few bucks at a salvation army.
My last favorite reading chair was an ugly green overstuffed deal that
had the faintest air of pipe tobacco. My cat loved it too and we would
often fight for a spot.

Books at the moment: "The Farmer's Daughter," William Carlos Williams
& "Primal Blueprint," Mark Sisson