I feel like the liine up is pretty solid, and Rivendells have a good deal
of overlap. If it were in my budget, I would have gotten a tandem. I would
love to see a kid-specific Rivendell. I think there were the beginnings of
such a project, but it quickly morphed into something else. I could be
mistaken. I know there are many reasons this would not be a great idea. And
my kid is starting to get into regular 26" mountain bike size (women's
style, found a cool old GT mixte) so I am heading out of that demographic
and getting ready to sell his fancy Islabike.

But it's kinda like one day some years ago my old racing club  (about the
oldest in the country) looked around and saw that there was no new blood.
So they (re) started a junior team, with coaches and mentors. One of my
racing buddies was the coach for a while, he loved it.  It would be nice to
have a bicycle option for kids that did not include suspension, aluminum,
etc., but did include all the Riv values.  I'm thinking tig welded in three
wheel sizes: 20" (new folder standard), 24", and maybe 26", basic one color
(red?). Frames or dealer builds only, so no stocking of 20" or 24" or kid
sized cranks (maybe hook up with Mark at Bikesmith in some way for those).
Or, as I've said before, do a collaboration like the Frank Jones. Maybe
with a company like Islabike, to counter their weird foray into mini carbon
racers.

I know the last thing Rivendell needs is a project like this, but in a
better world, this would be a no-brainer.