On Sat, Feb 3, 2018 at 11:53 AM, Eric Daume <ericda...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> Aside from the discs, how does the Space Horse compare to the Sam?

I'm not a good student of how and why all of the possible bike geometry
variables can inform actual and perceived comfort and performance on a
bike, but there's something about the Sam (I think mine was second gen,
when they still came in 60cm sizing) in how it felt and rode that I've not
felt repeated on any other bike I've owned, including the other Riv's -
there was some magic in it for me, my size and shape, and athletic
capabilities.

That said, the Space Horse is a stellar bike that has made me happy over
many miles over various distances and terrain. It rides well unloaded and
under load, and forgives long days under a exuberant or tired rider. It's a
great bike, but it's lacking that Sam Hillborne magic, that you would never
accuse it of lacking, if you'd not synced up with a Sam like I did. I've no
regrets, but I'd also happily test a disc-braked Sam if it ever came into
existence.