You might find baseball knickers , called "knee high pants" , to be worth a
look.    They take 1.5" belts and all stretch well.  Some are looser
fitting than others.  If you have a local sporting goods store they may
even have some could actually try on. What a concept in these
picture-ordering dayze !

In regards to Patagonia pants in general and you can tell just by their
pictures ..... low rise front and rear. Might be good for someone 5'8", or
you don't mind "plumbers butt" when you bend forward. It's been a trend for
some years now.