Other than the small, zippered (not necessary and annoying) pockets, I’m happy
enough with the Compass. True enough I don’t need both a snap at the waist and
a buckle, but neither really bothers me. But the fabric is great, really light,
with some stretch, quick drying, and the cut is generous for me (I’m thin). I
don’t use the  shock cord at the leg opening, but it’s there, and unobtrusive,
if one wants to cinch the fabric at the shin. All in all, good knicks. They’re
pricey, and may not last too long (i’ve worn them for a year now),  but I’d
have to say the function is good. I think you may well be a fan. One thing I
wish manufacturers would eliminate in pants/knicks/shorts, is rear pockets.
Compass has done so, BTW. Rear pockets are unnecessary, and create seams to sit
on and chafe. No need for rear pockets in cycling bottoms! Aren’t the thigh
pockets and cargo pockets enough?