Hello Riv Friends, Not long ago I posted about possibly replacing my Sam
with a Roadini. I had switched my existing Sam to an upright touring rig
but missed riding my drop bar bike. I ended up buying a new Appaloosa to be
my touring/camping bike and I rebuilt my Sam into a sporty road bike. We
had a rare break in the winter weather so yesterday I took it out for a 15
mile ride. It was glorious! As I was riding I was thinking about Deacon
Patrick's advice of having gratitude for what I already own. Of course his
words were much more eloquent then that but the basic premise of his
message was the same. I am so thankful I listened to DP because the Sam is
just about the perfect bike for going out on my version of a fast road
ride.

Build Details:

62cm Sam Hillborne 2TT
Wheels - Alex Rims - original stock
Tires - 38 mm Compass Barlow Pass
Fenders - 45 mm Velo Orange Hammered Aluminum
Cranks: Sugino 175mm 48x34 rings
Brakes: Paul Racer with Paul Moon Units
Cassette: SRAM 12x34
Chain: KMC X9