Beautiful build Tim--your post in a word is: Inspiring!

Part of my affliction, (er "hobby") is reimagining how my bikes are
configured. Having 3 bikes, I am constantly swapping out parts, testing &
learning. riding, and standing back to admire what I've created. It helps
to keep my n+1 desires in check and is very much in line with Patrick's
sentiment. One of the things I like about Rivendell in general and the Sam
in particular is how well these bikes take to my tinkering. And outside of
truing a wheel or making frame repairs, I'm a self-sufficient bike mechanic
as a result. I learn so much and get so many ideas reading post from people
on this group.

If it ever stops raining here in Maryland today, I'm getting out on my
identically-framed 2TT 62cm Sam. Until then, I'll be out in the garage...

Cheers,
Austin