I have those same tires on my QB right now.  Really like them, but  I've
never tried cornering fast with them on the tarmac.  I put them on for a
trail ride, and never took 'em off!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyclotourist/4354182033/

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 4:32 AM, Angus <angusle...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Gino,
>
> I'll state right off the bat that I don't have any useful suggestions
> for you (no surprise there....).
>
> In the past I have used my old cyclocross tires (Specialized Tri-Cross
> II, 700x32/35) on mixed terrain rides.  It was going swimmingly well
> until I forgot I was on knobbies and really leaned the bike into an
> off chamber turn on pavement and got onto the side knobs.  Then the
> fun started!  There was this horrible rubber on asphalt grinding sound
> and the bike started to slide...right cross the center stripe...a
> fortunate combination of pure dumb luck, no oncoming traffic, and
> reactions tuned from riding skinny tired bikes off road kept me
> upright.
>
> So perhaps my advice is that knobbies on pavement....not so good.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/16951...@n08/1991808605/in/photostream/
>
> Angus
>
> On Feb 13, 5:35 pm, Gino Zahnd <ginoza...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > What else besides the Jack Brown and Schwalbe Kojak exist for
> > light-ish fast tires that are good for mixed terrain riding? Those are
> > two great choices, but I'm curious what else might be out there. I
> > know there's the Pasela, but that tire is too squirmy for my taste.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Gino

Cheers,
David
Redlands, CA

"Bicycling is a big part of the future. It has to be. There is something
wrong with a society that drives a car to workout in a gym."  ~Bill Nye,
scientist guy