Marty,

Here is my take on the Champion Flyer. I bought one for my towny, a
1966 Robin Hood 3speed, and love it on that bike, both for its looks
and function. So I bought a second for my unsuspended mtn bike. The
rear-portion-of-the-saddle suspension was great, but the very hard
nose (leather over steel) was very harsh. On an offroad mtn bike ride,
I am all over the saddle, and when I ended up on the nose in bumpy
conditions, it could be quite painful. I have since replaced it with
an Avocet O2 women's saddle which is a similar profile to the B17 and
it is much more comfortable for that usage (in fact I need to seel the
Flyer here one of these days). So my Flyer recommendation is: upright
road usage Yes, offroad usage No!