The Rohloff is much easier to use, from a wheel removal/replacement
standpoint, than the Nexus/Alfine.

In my experience, the Alfine/Nexus remove/replace process was not that
complicated, as Seth points out. Where I got frustrated was trying to
get the cable positioned correctly in a tight space with my clumsy
bratwurst-like fingers, while making sure the chain was tight, etc.
And that was in a shop repair stand with all my tools and good
lighting. I might tolerate that if I saw some real advantage to using
the IGH, but since I don't see any advantages, my tolerance for the
extra hassle is pretty low.

Much easier to drop the chain to the small cog, open the q/r, and drop
the wheel out... What was wrong with derailleurs again?