Tim -- one more remark after I actually read through your query. Adding
sealant to tubes is easy, if you take it step by step, have all materials
at hand, and pay attention to what you are doing. I always have to wipe up
a few drops, but that is certainly worth the benefit.

I've added sealant to many tubes with "non-removable" cores; you just force
off the locknut to let the core drop into the tube, where you catch it and
pinch-hold it at the bottom of the stem. Even if the core gets lost in the
abyss of the tube, it's easy, at least with the tubes I've used (2" and 1")
to find it by feel and work it back into place.

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 10:56 PM, 'Tim' via RBW Owners Bunch <
rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> I'm working for a few months in Casa Grande, AZ, about halfway between
> Phoenix and Tucson, in the valley. I've got 3 bikes here, so I'm going to
> pull the fenders off my Homer (which has become really fun with Albatross
> bars) and put some wide (38-42mm) tires. It will be my around town, out to
> the mountain, dirt canal path (maybe even a dirt century), light gravel
> bike. I don't think I want Compass because, although I love them, I'm a
> heavy rider and the rear Compass on my MAP wore out after 1500 miles. I
> think they're too fragile. And I discovered goatheads yesterday on the
> Hunqapillar. Patrick Moore, I think I honestly thought that I would be that
> guy from the Midwest who came out here and didn't use sealant and didn't
> get a flat. WRONG!!! Rear flat on the Hunqapillar. The the the goathead was
> still all there. I didn't see the other four spots with just the slivers.
> I got sealant and new tubes at the bike shop for the 700x2.1 Thunder Burts.
> It was a huge mess. The first tube went ok but I guess I took too long on
> the second and and it kept clogging and spewing and and what did go in
> oozed back out. I think I'd just as soon not use it again but if the
> consensus of the group is that I must, then I will. So, which tough tire
> with no sealant. Or convince me to use sealant.

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, New Mexico, Etats Unis d'Amerique