Patrick: I foresee ... the beginning of a slippery slope to Look Keos and
Time XPros and what have you. Or perhaps to old Duegis and track pedals and
slotted cleats. Beware.

Seriously, I think indeed it's worth trying clips and straps, even if you
don't like them. If you can't find a pair of leather straps with your used
clips, LMK and I'll look around (I may have cut mine down to use with
saddlebags, but I do have a bagful.) You are welcome to any I have, as I
need just 1 pair, for the Dahon.

As for size, you can always shim them out with spacers; I wear 10s, but
like my clips far from my toes, so I do this with Large MKS clips. I also
bend my metal ones to give a higher clearance over the instep of the shoe.

Let us know how they work for you.

On Sun, May 13, 2018 at 8:51 PM, Deacon Patrick <lamontg...@mac.com> wrote:

> Anyone have a beat up pair of toe clips (and mounting hardware) and
> leather straps I could try? I’ve got big feet (12 in summer, 14 in winter
> with boiled wool socks), but wear minimalist shoes, so not sure what that
> means for sizing on the toe clips. I presume bigger is better, but part of
> this test is to get a sizing reference.
>
> Thought I’d check here before I buy a test pair new and get my first
> purchase all wrong. Grin.
>
> With abandon,
> Patrick
>
> www.CredoFamily.org
> www.MindYourHeadCoop.org

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, New Mexico, Etats Unis d'Amerique