Couple of other choices:

I own and totally enjoy a pair of Marresi Italian-made leather shoes, like
these:
https://www.bicycleapparel.com/cycling-shoes/mens-cycling-shoe-guide/road-bike-shoes-for-men-race/marresi.html

<https://www.bicycleapparel.com/cycling-shoes/mens-cycling-shoe-guide/road-bike-shoes-for-men-race/marresi.html>

Very expensive, if you can even find them, but beautiful and very comfortable.
Mine fit an SPD-type two-bolt cleat, but they also come in a three-bolt
pattern. Not sure how they would work on flat pedals because I don’t have a
bike set up the way.

I’ve read about these, which are a somewhat less expensive version. Their web
site talks about “British shoemaking tradition,” but I think they are
manufactured in the Far East:

https://quocpham.com <https://quocpham.com/>

--Eric Norris
campyonly...@me.com