I haven't used a suspension seatpost since circa 1997 or -8, but I do
recall using a CODA -- elastomer -- with a Softride stem on a rigid
Performance ti mtb frame. For stutter bumps and other high frequency, low
amplitude roughnesses, both together gave a really Cadillac ride. But I
returned the CODA when it started squeaking regularly.

I've come across riders who swore by the Thudbuster.

I did try a Champion Flyer on a rigid mtb. The springs were too stiff; I
might as well have been riding a B 17 (170-175 lb rider), at least with the
somewhat forward and low bar that I used.

I never had problems attaching a Carradice Junior to the springs of the
Flyer, though.