Fwiw Ron,   When a company states they'll take your measurements and make a
shoe for you,  they usually are saying they'll make you a shoe size based on*
their concept of a "shoe" and sole shape....* much like a custom
framebuilder won't make literally ANY frame design that doesn't agree with
their "comfort zone".  My idea of a truly "custom" designer/builder is to
be open to any shape even if it's outside of their sense of what was deemed
"sup-posed to be". Such "may" exist ....