I ran 700x23 Michelin Pro 2/3/4 Race Service Course at 120psi for years,
never had any rim failures directly attributable to that.  I had a sidewall
failure once but i booted the hole with a $20 bill and made it home
alright.  These were for a go-fast bike I don't have anymore, that had
tight clearance with 23mm tires!  I was thinner then, more in the 230-250
range.

Back on topic...I run 700x38 Barlow Pass standard sidewalls (I know, a
little bigger than you asked) on my Redwood at 50psi front, 55psi rear.
Rider weight 300+.  I don't know exactly how much the + is because I don't
weigh myself that much.  I'm sure my performance on the 74 mile ride I'm
doing on Saturday will let me know.

Jim
Austin, TX