Yep, I've always used the Stan's rim strips on tubeless compatible rims
like the A23. It definitely makes it easier than with traditional rim
strips, but still takes a lot of time and effort and sometimes a wee bit of
swearing. I think my technique is passable, so maybe I've just had bad luck
with tire/rim combos (I can't remember what tire I was using with the A23s).

Eric