I'm part of a group in Portland that meets every Friday at 7AM for Coffee
before work. We're on Instagram under the handle pdxcoffeeoutside.

It's a chance to see lots of interesting kits (& bikes!!). The aeropress
extremely popular. I use a Porlex portable grinder, JetBoil, and MSR
reusable filter with a ceramic mug. Lots of overlap from the backpacking
supplies I occasionally use.

I don't think bringing coffee along in a mug is cheating, but to me it
isn't the full experience. I enjoy finding a comfortable place to make
coffee, laying out my gear, and taking my time in brewing a good cup. It's
a slow, enjoyable ritual.

Best,
Brett in PDX