Thanks, all!

John, there’s a lot on the water in the mouth trick I didn’t mention. First: A
lot of it is based on Noakes’ approach to water from “Waterlogged” — the idea
being that we don’t need the amounts of water we think we do DURING exertion,
and often over drink. The body can perform just fine and without danger so long
as you recalibrate thirst to match actual need rather than “I’m slightly
thirsty, must guzzle!”. Second, the body that doesn’t need to process carbs
doesn’t need near as much water. Third, nose breathing is obviously a
requirement, is healthier for many reasons, reduces moisture loss and feel, and
helps naturally stay aerobic for steady, long effort.

peec ... some’at or other: You do’na ken the half of it! She married me,
already knowing me. Grin.

With abandon,
Patrick