It's easier to get a fillet wrong. I got one wrong when I was building
frames 20 years ago and it cracked. If you get the fillet right it can be
lighter and more attractive. But if I were designing a frame to be
inexpensive to make and strong, I'd forget about using fillets.

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 8:43 PM Stephen W. <stephenmwebste...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm not a frame builder. But I have a question for those that certainly
> know more about bicycles/frames/lugs. Is the new socketed lug as strong,
> perhaps stronger, than brazing the seat stays to the outside of the lug?
> Just wondering.
>
> I've attached some pics, I think.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Stephen