One of my favorite internet essayists, John Michael Greer, addressed what,
to me, is the big issue running through this thread--how to leave some
slack for other people's beliefs, opinions, lifestyles, world view, what
have you--in his weekly post. I think it's worth a read by those
participating here.

The Alt-Right, the Ctrl-Left, and the Esc-Center July 4, 2018John Michael
Greer
<https://www.ecosophia.net/the-alt-right-the-ctrl-left-and-the-esc-center/>