I have a relatively new Ti jones plus lwb diamond frame with truss fork and
rohloff hub.  I already owned several rivs: QB, ram, Clem L, appa/mystery bike,
Sam Hilbourne.  My Sam is setup as the most off-roadish of the five. To me, the
Jones rides quite different and has very different capabilities. It is more
versatile and at least as comfortable.  The jones climbs anything and goes over
everything. In June I did a week+ mixed terrain backpacking trip in England.
The jones was fantastic. Any of my rivs would have worked less well - much less
well on some parts. I love the rivs, but the Jones, to me, is a different
animal.