I like the idea of 12 small bar bags. But I fear they would cost more than
3 or 4 straps or bungees.

So, straps or bungees? (No backpack, thanks. It's a short distance over
smooth pavement, so bottles in box on rack is not a problem.)

Let's try bungees first, since they're so easy to use. There must be nice
bungees. The cheap ones I've used all fray and narrow and eventually break,
which is why I am not confident of them, but perhaps nice ones will be more
secure. Can anyone recommend from experience bungees that hold tightly and
don't fray and break?

If not bungees, then it will be time to make a Riv order for several Irish
straps.

Thanks, all.

Patrick Moore, who has lately been going to Costco for 24 or 28 packs of
beer to be hauled in the car.