Here's what I think I want for my Atlantis which is set up as a day
bike (recently posted more Flickr pics under username ahurvitz)...
hammered honjos, shellacked bars, Pasela's.

A smallish handlebar bag for day rides. I have a Keven on the saddle
where I keep tools, lock, mini-pump, etc. I'm looking for a bag that
doesn't need a front rack and hopefully not a decaleur. Big enough for
a sandwich and maybe a banana. I have a really thin windbreaker that
scrunches up really small (sandwich bag size). An outside pocket or
two for my cellphone. and the top large enough for a small map case
(maybe 9x5.5).

I want it to be at least as classy as the Keven. The new Sackville
BarSack looks great, but it's larger than I want and requires the
Nitto decaleur. And that makes it $200, which is too much. I actually
bought a BrandV Barbox, and it was about right, but it didn't match by
bike's style. Very utilitarian, but the velcro, etc., wasn't right. I
bid on a couple of used Baggins bags, but they're close to $200
including the decaleur. I've looked on peterwhitecycles, VO,
Carradice, Zugster (nice but too expensive), etc.

I'm thinking the Acorn handlebar bag would be nice and I can adapt a
map holder. I tried ordering one the other day but they sold out
within a couple of hours. I'd also be happy with a vintage bag in nice
condition.

Plan B is to have a friend make one out of waxed cotton. And that got
me thinking... how come no one makes a bag that's about 10x5x5 and can
accommodate a small map case? I'm asking because my fear is that I'll
figure that out once it's made/bought and I realize it's too small.