hi Joe, I have had a set of these for a couple years now, and they have
lived on several bikes. Now they're on my new Clem Smith L, which is my
most mountain-bikey Rivendell. I love these bars for rough riding chunky
dirt stuff--they inspire more confidence than a drop or swept-back bar IMO,
and the triangulation of the bullmoose feels very rigid and strong. I have
tried similar setups that achieve a similar fit as these Bullmooses but
with a regular stem and bar (non-moose), and typically find them too flexy
(to an annoying degree). This is why I love the Bullmooses so much, at
least for mountain bike rides.

However contrarily I could see some people finding the bullmooses too
stiff. Also, they would certainly bore me for road rides only. I'd
recommend them for the fatter-tire rivendells (hunq/atlantis/joe appa/clem
smith). They'd be fine, but perhaps not amazing on a Sam or a skinny-tire
cheviot, for example. All this being said, just get some and try them out.
They're a good investment.