I had to resort to blue loctite on the threads of a Cyclo shifter into
round Brit braze-on (too large to fit French)

<https://imgur.com/GokzcpC.jpg> <https://imgur.com/qFTDjCk.jpg>
<https://imgur.com/z7AdSmu.jpg>

It works, though.  Actually, to make it work, had to apply it several
times.  Finally there was enough cured loctite residue on the threads to do
the job beeswax does on finer threads.