Where does it rub, if you tried putting larger tires? Going from 539 to 559
changes the reach, but may not magically offer more room for bigger tires.
I ask this because I suspect your issue is crowding from the bottom side of
the brake arms. If this is the case, you should consider changing brake
type (to centerpulls like what others had suggested). If workable, changing
to centerpulls is much quicker and cheaper than brazing on new cantilever
bosses.