In lieu of a Bubbe Lifter Tube, you could try one of these:
Bicycle Frame Handle - The "Little Lifter" - Leather Bike Handle

|    |
Bicycle Frame Handle - The "Little Lifter" - Leather Bike Handle
 Our Little Lifter Frame Handle offers a solution to a common bicycle commuting
problem: it makes lifting and man...  |   |

Disclaimer: I haven't used one...but they look like they'll work well.
cheers,Andrew