Add my voice lauding the Hiltrek Ventile products.

Patrick (and a few others) helped me target a garment a bit less water
proof, but more breathable for use in a wider temperature band than the
cotton analogy line. We should all be thanking Hiltrek for keeping Patrick
and his camera out on his bike in the woods during the cold, wet and dark
part of each of our cycling years.

The bottom line made me gulp at first but after reviewing the number and
cost of the series of miracle high tech "waterproof-breathable" garments
which each proved to be neither in practical use but also not very durable,
I realized that the right tool is always more costly up front. I'm headed
into the stretch of the year for my Braemar Ventile Hybrid smock and could
not be happier with its performance and durability.

Sizing charts on the Hiltrek website helped substantiate my size choice
regarding chest size, arm length, etc. My stock sized item allows some
layering for the coldest of my commutes (-12°F last year) and lets there be
some airspace when more temperate. My short torso for height build lets the
tail be plenty for staying covered when on the bike. They do custom sizing
for much less than I expected, but didn't need.

Andy Cheatham
Pittsburgh