I think the crux of the issue is not how long a carbon frame can
last-   of course there are old carbon frames out there, being ridden
today.

I think the point is that EVERYTHING fails eventually under sufficient
stress-  the million dollar question being, when something does fail,
how does it do it?    Does it fail catastrophically and all of a
sudden, or does it bend, or creak, or exhibit strange behavior &
warning signs before completely biting the dust?    Because if not,
and the thing in question is a head-tube junction or fork blade, and
is bearing your weight down the road, it doesn't matter if it's 1 year
old or 20 years old;   you have a problem.