On Mar 8, 5:23 pm, newenglandbike <matthiasbe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ^^^^ that being said, steel certainly wouldnt've done that, ^^^^
> although the guy probably would've gone OTB hard.

I don't think we have enough evidence to say that steel wouldn't have
done that. On the other hand, I think we can safely say that a steel
fork with more clearance would have a far greater likelihood of
avoiding such a disaster.

And, let's give a tip o' the new fur hat to the Bontrager wheels for
their durability. Makes you wonder if bladed spokes would have helped
with the, uh, clearance problem.

td