Awesome bike, and congrats!  It's indeed an early one, as you can see from
this  "Lovely Bicycle" post in early Jan 2010:
http://lovelybike.blogspot.com/2010/01/whats-green-and-lugged-and-not-bicycle.html

Constance has additional posts and ride reviews, like this one:
http://lovelybike.blogspot.com/2010/11/born-for-hills-review-of-rivendell-sam.html

I believe it was her first drop bar bike.

Enjoy!
Tom