I did a similar swap recently--I'd been riding the light-ish Schwalbes
(Kojaks and Marathon Supremes) on my LHT for a couple of years. Earlier
this year, I swapped in a pair of 700x42 Soma Supple Vitesse EX's, prior to
a long two day ride where a bit of extra speed would come in handy.
Honestly, no surprises on the ride front--they have definitely been faster
and at least as cushy, if not more, than the Schwalbes. What has been
surprising is the flat resistance--so far, no flats (I put them on in late
March). I did put ~2oz of Stan's sealant in each tube when installing them,
so maybe that helped. Or maybe there is something to Jan's theory that
bigger tires at low pressure get fewer flats since they can deform around
road debris without puncturing. I definitely haven't changed my riding
habits, and commute on this bike a lot. It's definitely ridden through a
few patches of broken glass and debris that I haven't been able to avoid.

We'll see how they fare as they wear, but so far I'm enjoying them after
being a #supple skeptic for a while.