I’ve been running marathon 700 x 38 on my cheviot for some time, ultra smooth
riding.  But my wife’s enthusiasm w her 650b x 48 panaracers got me curious
about extra cush so I’m trying out some Soma Vitesee 700 x 48 which are lighter
and more pliable than the marathons.  I’m really enjoying the speed and feel of
the Somas in general.  The one thing I immediately miss about the Marathons
though, and being a sound sensitive person (I’m a recording engineer), is the
s i l e n c e of the Marathons.  The 48’s are louder but somehow feel faster.
I’ll give it some time but I’m now trying to get a feel for how important it is
to me to have a quiet tire.  lightness and ease vs silence, to me that’s a
tough one.