I think the Blunt SS is a better comparison, it's a similar width ~25mm
internal and weighs something ridiculous like 395 grams. A big issue is
wide rim + braking surface means a heavy enough aluminum to not dent and
affect braking. Dents in disc rims are not a gigantic issue usually, and
these lightweight aluminum rims do dent. That said I think the Alex rims
are definitely heavy, but the Riv crew lean toward to the heavy duty side
for rims, which has its pros and cons.