Well, Islabikes announced yesterday afternoon they are shutting the doors to
the US office in Portland. The bikes and gear are all discounted and I was so
excited to get my hands on the Beinn 27 for my 7th grader. Alas, they are SOLD
OUT. As of now, the UK headquarters does not and will not ship to US. There are
3 companies Islabikes recommended: Woom, Cleary and Prevelo. None have a nice
commuter option like Islabikes did. I'm so, so disappointed.

Do any of you have a recommendation for a bike to fit a 12.5 year old? I see
that the major bike companies offer only adult sizes at this point. I want
something that will take a rack so we can do our school commute. He currently
rides a Specialized Hot Rock 24 incher that he's had since FIRST GRADE. It's
been a wonderful bike. My younger son rides a little Islabike and needs to size
up, so that Specialized is going to be his. Thanks in advance for your help -
and if you need a great kid bike at a discount, maybe Islabikes will still have
the size you need.