Some very elegant stuff. I'd like to know more about those *pantalons de
Paris* and the "Trousers/Plusses"*.* The full plus fours are a bit over the
top for today's aesthetic, I fear. And of course the shoes look nicer than
most sold today. But I'd probably buy a few pairs of the *pantalons* and
the trouser/plusses if there were available.

And I'd love to own a few of those silk or even cotton jerseys for hot
weather.

Suggestion to Rivendell: Re-make good wool cycling knickers and silk or
quality cotton knit summer jerseys.

Still and all, if I have to choose all one period, I'd choose the present
one.

Aside: Serendipitously discovered a pant ("pants"?) that works well for
summer riding when you don't want to turn up in shorts: REI has a very
tightly woven, very light cotton hiking pant (let's settle this right now:
I wear a 2-legged garment, short or long legs. Is this a "pant" or a
"pants"?) with snaps that lets you fold up the legs neatly and secure it at
2 or 3 different heights, so you can ride in the hot, sticky air, but when
you arrive, simply unsnap and unroll and look moderately normal.

"Nother aside: I just had a very nice fall afternoon ride on the '99 gofast
fixie, wearing my (self-) improved Endura riding pants. These are cut slim,
with slash pockets on the side so that they don't bulge, plus 2 rear zipped
pockets, and made from a medium weight somewhat stretchy synthetic. I had
them pegged, and had ankle zippers added (I also had that crucial
rear-center belt loop added). They're quite slim; think early Beatles
without the Cuban heels; but decent enough for non-cycling environments.

They're very nice, but the sole defect is that (they're several years old
now) they are cut on the "hipster jeans" ("jean"?) patterns and are too low
both in front and back, tho' they do rise a bit in the back. I find them
bearable in back only if I hike the hem of my boxers high above the
waistband -- I hate even the hint of a gap between jersey hem and pant/s
waistband.

If anyone knows of something similar -- basically, a cross between tights
and pants -- slim cut pants, with pockets and zip fly and belt loops,
pegged and zipped at bottom; cycling-appropriate fabric -- I'd be delighted
to hear about it.

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 3:09 PM Ron Mc <bulldog...@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.peterbrueggeman.com/cr/catalogues/aids_1955.pdf
> 1955 Holdsworth Aid to Cycling
> Great togs and shoes

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, New Mexico, Etats Unis d'Amerique