Keith: With the 26" wheel size, you'd have 2l nice tires available from
Compass, the featherweight 29 mm* Elk Pass to the 50 mm Rat Trap Pass, and
I think Compass reformulated its mid-width ~38 mm tire in that diameter
too, so perhaps it's now of the same supple quality as the 2 others.

* The EP is labeled 32 but measures between 27 and 29 on my road-width
rims. For my taste, 28 mm is perfect on a road bike.

On Sun, Nov 18, 2018 at 10:17 AM Keith Weaver <keith.wea...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm thinking this would be a perfect fit for me, assuming it actually is a
> 52 cm frame. I'm 5'6", with a 79 cm PBH. I'm a little torn about getting a
> 26" bike, but I get why Riv uses smaller wheels for smaller frames.
>
> I'm having a hard time justifying the purchase, because there's a lot of
> overlap between the Ram and my current bikes. I have an older Riv road
> standard, to cover the lugged steel Rivendell place in the stable. The
> problem with that bike is that I can't run tires larger than 28 mm. I got
> some great input on using supple tires with that bike, haven't tried that
> yet. I really want that spot to be filed with an Albatross barred bike, I
> don't know if the road standard will ever be great with those bars. One
> other issue with that bike is that it doesn't have any cream details, it's
> solid light blue. A great color, but I like the cream fills on the Ram.
> Then, I have an S&S coupled Lynskey Ti all-rounder, that can take up to 42
> mm tires. The 3rd road bike in the garage is a 52 cm, 26" wheeled Surly
> Disc Trucker, that I only use for fully loaded touring.
>
> So, I guess I'm looking for input on whether I'd love this bike so much
> that I should give it a spot in my stable? It does feel like a good deal,
> given the stated condition. I'd have to drive a couple of hours to get it,
> but I think it would be worth the trip.
>
> Cheers,
> Keith
>
> > On Nov 17, 2018, at 5:02 PM, Lum Gim Fong <john11.2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Ah-ha!
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > --

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, New Mexico, Etats Unis d'Amerique