On Mar 13, 6:15 am, Garth <garth...@gmail.com> wrote:
> For those that may not have known.... the TA Zephyr triple w/rings
> sold for about $275 not long ago from Riv.
> This is was the finest 110/74 crank made. . . .  and it even had a
> third drilling for a 56mm ring instead of the 74.
> The Q is mid 150's.  If Riv was to make any crank, this would be my
> choice, not yet another wide-ish Sugino.
> The $300 Sugino may seem a bit high for some, low for others.
> They could make it more versatile for some if they made it a 94mm BCD
> instead of 110, but 94mm rings just are not so popular. That's one
> cool thing about the TA Carmina, that you can change the BCD of your
> crank from 94/58 to 94 to 110/74 to 110 to 130/74 to 130mm.

Agree and how large a market is there for another "compact" crank? I
guess the question is who is the market? Most people looking for
110bcd double cranks have a few choices like the one from VO and
Jitensha. If Riv wants to expand to others, good luck as those other
people are looking at outboard bearing cranks - that's all the rage
and what all the racer-types who are willing to pay $300+ for a
crankset seek.  Yes, you and I may not care, but the guys willing to
spend $300+ for a crankset do. Good Luck!