Yep, the RoadLink just lowers the derailleur so it is further from the cog.
It works great for some, others have reported that it works but shifting to
the largest cog isn't as smooth as it could be.

If you are considering a new derailleur, get one that officially supports
larger cogs. These derailleurs are designed for 1x setups, so as a bonus
they will typically have a clutch as well (which will help make it harder
to drop your chain). Not all Shadow type derailleurs support larger cogs,
and generally long cage derailleurs do not (but you are running 1x so no
need for a long cage anyway). I don't know of any 9 speed mech that
officially supports large cogs, and I know of exactly one 10 speed mech:
https://bike.shimano.com/en-EU/product/component/deore-m6000/RD-M6000-GS.html

Note that the long cage (SGS) version of this derailleur does *not* support
larger cogs. Only the GS version got the new large-cog-frienly cage design.

William