In the spirit of transparency I sent this to Christine Tinberg (Founder of
BTCC) this morning:

*Hi Christine,*
*Admittedly I should have reached out before we started this project
but....here we are.  Not sure if you're familiar with Rivendell Bicycle
Works but there's a few of us on a google forum and an idea sparked to get
a tandem frame....hopefully entire tandem donated to the BTCC.  We can talk
about logistics and ideas and coordination etc etc.  Hopefully you think
this is a cool idea.  I didn't want to get too far ahead of myself in
planning without first getting in contact with you.  I personally promise
that I will not allow the project to become a burden, financial or
otherwise.  Long story short we started the fundraiser yesterday and we're
already more than halfway there:*

*https://www.gofundme.com/manage/rbw-owners-bunch-hubbahhubbah-tandem-fundraiser*

*I'll try and reach out to you later today (I'm on the east coast) or you
are always free to call my cell or email (585-698-XXXX).*

*Cheers,*

*Alex *

I'll update everyone once I have more information....

The response has been overwhelming!  You all are a wonderful bunch.  Having
made the mistake of starting the Go Fund Me, I take responsibility in
seeing this to the end.  I just might need to fly out to Riv HQ and
personally deliver/ride this bike to Topanga (Laughing maniacally)

Cheers everyone

Alex in Rochester