With large bags there is a good chance that it will rub the brake cable.
However, maybe if it is large enough to rest on a rear rack it may not. I
don't have experience with really large bags. I have a Sackville Small,
which is fairly large compared to normal saddlebags, and it rubs. I do have
a lot of space between my saddle and rack/tire though. I haven't used the
bag enough for it to do any damage. It makes marks on the bag, but hasn't
hurt the fabric. Smaller bags, such as a banana bag, don't rub as it stops
above the cable hanger.

I have been curious about this Nitto saddlebag wire guard (Riv link below)
https://www.rivbike.com/products/nitto-wire-guard-20189

Acorn sells this product to help with this issue:
https://www.acornbags.com/collections/accessories-all/products/leather-stand-off-with-strap

Another option is a bag support:
https://theradavist.com/2016/09/ocean-air-cycles-erlen-saddle-bag-support/

Cody Bartz