Those people on that forum don't seem like the target market for a company
that pushes an Unracer philosophy...I don't think they really get Rivendell
as a company. The gift certificate stuff has been going on since I've known
about Rivendell; it's nothing really new. I take issue with the thought
that Rivendell is missing out on the current "gravel" trend. Riv has never
been into racing or competition or "suffering" and that is exactly what the
gravel trend has become. Rivs are for the people who want to ride
everywhere, comfortably, carrying stuff that they need.

I do think Riv is missing the ball with keeping rim brakes on the new Gus
Wilson, which is supposed to be a mtb/trail bike. It's really going to
hamper rim availability; there are a ton of really good disc specific rims
available, and I can see no reason to stick with rim braking in 2019. That
type of braking is not only dead on trail bikes, but the bones have decayed
to dust by now. But, that is just me digressing.