I'm going to third (fourth?) what Patrick said. The ENO is a clever
solution to finding one gear choice on a bike with vertical dropouts. I
used it that way on my Gunnar Crosshairs. But when I wanted to play with
manual gear changes, I de-eccentric'd my ENO and used that wheel in a Surly
Cross Check (long, forward facing horizontals), and was much happier,
overall.

Eric