The Eno basically has four positions, two for each chain length or cog size.
For the short chain or large cog, the Eno is positioned forward and can be
either up or down to adjust chain tension. For the long chain or small cog, the
Eno is positioned rearward and again, can be positioned up or down to adjust
the chain tension. I use the rear down position on my Eno because 1) it
maximizes clearance at the brake bridge and I am using oversized tires and 2) I
can use the bike weight to tension the chain by putting the bike upright on the
tires while I tighten the the hub to the frame - the weight of the bike wants
to rotate the eccentric rearward and that tensions the chain. The forward up
position would do the same if I had the tire clearance. As others have pointed
out, brake shoe adjustment would be a problem. The only way I see to get two
speeds without adjusting the brake shoes is to use two cogs and two chainrings
so that the eccentric ended up in close to the same position for the two
combinations.

Laing
Coco, FL