With the little ones, the front seat's got 'em right there if,
somehow, anything bad happens.  Our rides sometimes include some city
riding, and I'm not cool with a trailer while out in traffic.  Of
course, care is taken in choosing routes that have little or no
traffic.  But sometimes, you gotta cross that road. I'd rather have
the kids on the bike...

Plus, they see everything and you can talk... whispering into their
ear and pointing out sights to be seen.  With my daughter in the
Bobike, our rides along the San Diego River are full of conversations
of sea birds, the tides, the moon, salt marsh, fish, favorite colors,
etc.  Its truly wonderful.  She's right there and can see everything
and feel everything.  Eventually, when our 7 month old is ready for
the Mini, the 4 year old will go on the back, likely on a Bobike Jr.
I'll miss her up there!  I mean, does it get any better than this?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25671...@n02/3956633337/

The Bobike Mini threadless mount probably takes the space used by 20mm
of spacers.  They have a threaded mount too that will work on most
Rivendells. I have friends with both the Topeak seat and the green one
and they like them very much as well.  I've seen a little sidecar
around the internets. That might be cool!

Just avoid ant hills.  Especially the big, red, nasty ants.

Esteban
San Diego, Calif.