Oh, Will! You touch on a subject that is dear to my heart. I tilted the ends
of the hooks downward slightly, more or less parallel to the top tube,
against my immemorial custom (all my other bikes for the past 15 years, with
drops, mtb bars with bar ends, At4s, M-bars, flipped tourist bars, what have
you, have had the ends strictly, literally, fundamentalism-ally,
flat-earth-ly parallel to the fundament or ground. I tried to be different
with these bars, but NOPE! The fatty pad on my left palm hurt. I whipped out
my 6 mm allen and put the bars back where God and Nature decreed they should
be, and MAN! What a difference in comfort!

The Godly have the ends of the hooks on their drop bars PARALLEL TO THE
GROUND.

I have spoken.

Amen.