I recently put bbs into my seatpost and stem binder bolts' heads after
reading this suggestion here. I used small dabs of Shoe Goo, fearing wax
would look messy and be harder to control. (This is the 2003 Riv, which I
want to look nice.) The results do look rather nice. It will require a bit
more work to remove the bbs, but the amount of Shoo Goe is small, so not
horribly difficult.