So you'd object to a Class 1 e-bike being ridden in the bike lane (Class 1 motors only run when you turn the pedals, and in Europe anyway, assist stops at 15.5 mph)?

I wouldn't quail at lumping Class 2 e-bikes (i.e., throttles but pedaling isn't required) in with motorcycles and motor scooters and mopeds, and you could even make an argument that a Class 3 e-assist (you have to pedal but assist runs up to 28 mph in the US) don't belong in bike lanes (even though most communities in the US allow Class 3 in bike lanes but not on bike trails).  Class 3 bikes are big, powerful and in general pretty heavy.  It's difficult if not impossible to ride one without engaging the motor.

But honestly, a Class 1 e-assist bike has a lot more in common with an unmotorized bicycle than it does with a motor scooter.   The latest generation of Class 1 road e-assist bikes with motors like the Fazua or the Ebikemotion X35 are pretty light, about in the high 20s, where a typical Bike Boom 10-speed would be.  They're intended to be ridden much of the time without motor assist, and as I said, assist cuts out at a fairly low speed.

Other than ideology, what is the nature of your objection?  Or is it just simplistic ideology, such as Christopher's "if it's a cycle with a motor, it's a motorcycle" totally devoild of any nuance?